People started wearing wigs to make themselves look better and to make themselves more confident. But some people don't wear wigs all the time, and may only wear them when they're going to an important event or when they're doing a pose.
Then the subsequent issue of wig storage becomes a new one. Storage method error is likely to cause the wig become dry and irritable, or even hair knots, mesh bottom broken, and so on, thus affecting the next time to wear. So even if you don't wear them, store them well. Keeping them soft, shiny and flawless is essential.
Things you need to know about storing wigs:
1. When you get your wig package do not throw the paper ball, it is used to fix the head. If thrown away, the wig will deform in storage.
2. Clean the wig before storing. You need to clean it with warm water and a sulfate-free shampoo to avoid tangles and help keep the hair smooth.
3. It's best to store wigs in a cool, dry place, away from light and heat, and away from direct sunlight.
4. Make sure your wig is kept away from curious children or pets, lest it be pulled out and cause unnecessary damage.
Three ways to properly store wigs:
1. Place the wig on the wig stand. The stand mimics the shape of the head and is placed over it to protect it from distortion, a favorite hairstyle for stylists. Especially suitable for long hair wigs.
2. Store it in a silk or satin bag to keep it soft and shiny and to reduce moisture loss from the hair, it's one of the cheapest ways to keep a wig hydrated. But this method only works for short hair, and if your wig is too long, storing it this way is likely to cause tangles in your hair.
3. Compared to a bag, a hard box (like a shoe box) is a great idea. Just place the wig flat in the box. Of course, the premise is to ensure that the box is completely dry and clean. This not only keeps the wig clean and dry, but also keeps it from tangling.
If you have another good ways to store wigs, do not hesitated to leave a message and let us know.